Will new iLife ship w/Leopard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dmaxdmax, Jul 3, 2007.

1. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

I don't remember the previous update cycles - is it likely that we'll see iLife in October ($80 incentive for delay) or will we wait until at least MW in January?

Thanks.

2. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

only if ilife 07 is released by then. i have a feeling they're going to wait until 08. especially with so little of 07 left.

3. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

I imagine that we will have to buy the new iLife (whenever it does come out) separately so Apple gets to charge updaters twice.

4. dmaxdmax thread starter macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

I'm certain you're right - I'm not in update mode, I'm in MBP purchase mode and wouldn't mind getting the latest and greatest versions of the OS and iLife.

It's probably a moot point - I'll won't be able to delay gratification until October.

5. Gandhi macrumors regular

Upgrade copies of OS X never shipped with upgraded iLife counterparts. You always had to buy them separately.

My guess is that there will be Leopard versions of iLife and iWork, that will require Leopard OS X, and Apple is going to do away with yearly updates. With so many project son its plate, I don't think we will see annual updates anymore.

6. Teddy's macrumors 6502

More like in MacWorld '08 I think. Hopefully with the so "rumored" ultra light laptop. Oh yes, I miss the Powerbook 12-inch.

My perception is that Apple's Software Team have been very busy preparing the iPhone's OS and Leopard. Not so much time for iLife. Although if there is one in bOctober, it wouldn't be that great. iLife's releases have been demoed onstage sparking wow's and applauses.

I can wait for a good release of iLife in early 2008.

7. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

8. Coca-Cola macrumors 6502

iWork, iLife, and 10.5 package

iWork, iLife, and 10.5 should come together as a package deal. The price on .Mac could be cut down a bit too. I am really tired of updating and paying out the cash. Lets see iWork=79.00 iLife =79.00 OS 10.5=129 and .Mac=99.00 Grand Total=386 dollars. That is a nice down payment for a new machine.