Will new ipod bring down store price for refurb?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bjbyers, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bjbyers macrumors newbie

My wife and I love our ipods, and I live my iphone. I want to get an ipod for our baby's room to play music at night or when we are playing with her. 2GB is plenty and the apple store as a limited price of $99 for the 2GB Nano Silver. Looks like a good price, but can I expect that one (or the 4gb in other colors which is $149 for refurb) to go down in price when the new ipods come out? Can I save a few bucks by waiting until the 5th or should I grab the $99 price now? Thank you!!!

2. btallada9870 macrumors member

i think if you have a new baby, save 100 dollars and put that music on your ipod and/or your wife's ipod and use those.

3. ds252 macrumors regular

I don't know how many songs you plan to play to your baby but i'm guessing if you just bought another companies model of the 2GB you would save a few dollars there seeing how it doesn't sound to important that it needs to be an iPod

4. bjbyers thread starter macrumors newbie

Not that I don't want to spend $100-

Just to clarify- It's not that I don't want to spend $100. I don't mind dropping that for a 2GB refurb nano, I just dont want to kick myself in the butt if that drops or the 4GB refurb comes down to $100 when the new model arrives. Hope someone with a historical perspective of what Apple has done in the past with selling refurbs when a new model comes out will read this post.

5. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I do recall refurb price drops after past iPod debuts. Wait it out...its only 1.5 weeks.