Will new MacBooks fit in MacBook Pro cases?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by arts11, Dec 26, 2009.

1. arts11 macrumors newbie

So my friend just got a MacBook for Christmas and with her birthday coming up in about 2 weeks, I was thinking about getting her a sleeve/case. I decided to browse around the Apple website and noticed that the regular Macbook and the Macbook Pro had slightly different dimensions, with the regular MB being just a tad longer/wider than the MBP. As a result, I was wondering if the MB can fit into the MBP cases, or does that like 0.2 inches in extra width&length really make that much of a difference?

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

It should be able to fit in a sleeve but not a case. :cool:

3. arts11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool. Does anyone else have any insight or experience with this?

I'm thinking about getting my friend the "Incase 13" Neoprene Sleeve for MacBook [Pro]" listed on the Apple website http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR632LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTA4MjU0MzA [or something of similar design] but the website description says it's form-fitting, so I'm not sure if that means she'd be able to squeeze in the MB or not.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The MBs are a little bigger than the 13" MBPs, but there is some wiggle room with the Incase sleeves to begin with. You'll probably be fine.