Will new MBP be glossy only?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erreerre, Aug 11, 2007.

1. erreerre macrumors newbie

I might buy a new MBP whenever it comes out, but I'm scared if it will be glossy only. :rolleyes:
    Maybe I just should buy now with matte screen, hmm. :confused:

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The MBP was just updated in June, don't expect an update for some time. You can chose either a matte or glossy screen. Head over to this page.

4. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

They would lose a ton of their artistic customers if Appple only made glossy screens. They dont want to do that.

I cant see that ever happening.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I doubt that the pro machines and the cinema displays will go to a glossy-only configuration. Like others have said, Apple would want to give the option to those users whether or not they want something that displays colors in a more traditional sense like a matte screen or one that alters the colors like a glossy screen.

Personally, I hate the glossy screens and it is my sole reason why my next computer will not be a MacBook but rather a MacBook Pro.

6. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I dont think they will ever become glossy because some people that use the "Pro" models would much rather have a matte display rather than glossy because matte displays "true" color. If they did go all glossy (which I don't think will ever happen), I will just buy a refurb.

I do have a question, is there is cost difference for Apple to make consumer products glossy to save money? Just wondering.

7. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

There's no way to know, so its no use worrying about it.