Will new MBP's be in stores today?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RyanP1980, Apr 13, 2010.

1. RyanP1980 macrumors newbie

I called my local apple store this morning, and when the woman answered the phone, she wasn't even aware of the MBP updates. When I told her they were updated online, she put me on hold for a few minutes and came back saying that the website doesn't ship them for 2-4 business days, so the store won't have them until then. She sounded like she didn't know what the hell she was talking about so I'm asking here...any chance I can get my new 17" MBP at the store today, or am I better off just ordering online?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you called the store and they didn't know, how are we supposed to know? Maybe try calling them back at the end of the day, or ask for the manager.

3. RyanP1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know, I thought with this being a Mac forum and all, maybe someone would have some better information. I probably shouldn't have ever posted here and wasted all your valuable time, what a jackass I am.

4. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I agree! WTF people - you fill up 7 threads of 4000 posts a piece, and nobody is confirming if these things are in the stores out east? What do I have to do, call one myself?

5. Austin00 macrumors member

Here in the UK I've been going mental as all the apple stores near me have no idea when they will get delivery. One has said to ring back tomorrow morning to see if they have them.

Some stores say that the shipping times on the apple website are a very good indication.

Personally, i want to get my hands on one of these as soon as possible so if the shipping time doesn't go up for the model im after, I'm going to wait until tomorrow and try to pick one up in-store

No idea about america though.

6. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

I called all 4 Apple Stores in my area and each one of them said they don't have any in stock now but they get shipments in every day and call back this afternoon and they might have them.

7. mtehonica macrumors regular

I had the same response when I called. Didn't know they were released and then looked on the website and said they would have them within the ship dates on the website.