iPhone Will new Siri be avail to 5.1 jb'ers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Acclaim99, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Acclaim99 macrumors newbie

Thats the only thing I'm interested in w 6.0. Is there gonna be the 6.0 Siri avail through Cydia you think?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Only if apple leaves the ramdisk unencrypted again

3. Acclaim99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible for someone to check since iOS6.0GM is out?

4. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Seems useless to me.

Any device that could run iOS 5 and Siri legally approved by Apple, will be able to run the new Siri on iOS 6.

I'd rather see resources in the direction of jailbreaking iOS 6 on the newer hardware.

5. Netherscourge, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Why wouldn't it?

Isn't Siri all handled server-side anyway?

If they upgraded Siri server-side, they would have to intentionally BLOCK older iOS versions from using it.

But then, that would mean they'd have to keep providing the iOS 5 version of Siri on a separate server to maintain it's functionality for the non-upgraders - which seems like a big waste of money on Apple's end.

However,, there's no Siri on the iPad 2, which uses essentially the same Hardware as the 4S, so I guess Apple is not above bully-marketing tactics with their own customers...

EDIT - I was just thinking that iOS6 may add new "strings" for Siri to access apps and other phone features that don't exist in iOS 5. I mean, you could probably get all the newer web-browsing features, like more specific sports-related web queries and the like, but as for app-launching and other iOS-based commands, you might actually need to upgrade to iOS 6 to get that newer functionality out of Siri.

Who knows..

6. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I am interested in this as well, currently jailbroken on 5.1.1 I don;t really want to lose that, but I hope that Siri will be updated to support the new features for Canada that I've been waiting on forever! :)

On the other hand, it would make sense if the new features weren't available without an update. I sure hope they don't screw up over though!