Will new top end 27 imac be more expansive? let me explain

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wes911, Sep 27, 2012.

1. wes911 macrumors newbie

Ive recently bought a 27 imac with 6970 graphic... not top end imac but still good enough specs for gaming.. for 1999,99 no interest on futureshop..

When the new imac will be released.. Will it be more expansive or they usually always keep their price around the same tag.. If im getting a 27 with top graphic card lets say... I have 2k budget not much more...

Or when this Imac with radeon 6970 was released in mid 2011.. Was it at 1999.99 or it was more expansive? They reduced the price of their imacs over time?

Im not used to buy mac stuff.. this is my first one..

Planning to return my unit maybe since Ive got it for less then a week... Futureshop give back money for a 14 day period

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Typically when Apple refreshes any of their mac models, the prices stay the same (give or take a hundred bucks sometimes).

It is, in my opinion, the biggest negative about Apple. Depending on when you buy, you can be paying 2012 prices for 2011 (or even 2010) technology.

At this point, I'd hold off for an update.

3. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you'll see tons of people on here complaining that they're still charging full price for machines that are a year and a half old. The prices stay consistent through the life of the product, and the update that replaces it is usually the same price.