Will newly jailbroken 3.1.2 shsh be saved to cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Yoursh, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Yoursh macrumors 6502

Recently jailbroke my 'virgin' 3.1.2 3GS(via redsnow) in preperation of loading iOS 4 jailbrake. Cydia asked to save my SHSH info after jailbrake but has been showing a pending status since. Will it ever show the 3.1.2 being saved on the Cydia server, or is it to late to save 3.1.2? Is there any reason to wait any longer for it to save, or just go ahead and upgrade to iOS4 via Pwnage Tool 4?

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Nope, Apple is only signing 4.0, no older firmware hashes can be saved now.

If you selected to save before 4.0 was released, you should have 3.1.3 also.

3. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

If you did it before the 21st June you are probably good to go. If you did it after 21st june you will have successfully saved your version 4 SHSHs. You may want to reconsider an upgrade in that case. Edit. I should point out even if you did it before the 21st june you would have successfully saved you 3.1.3 SHSHs not 3.1.2.

4. iiBenxD macrumors newbie

I don't know the process of saving blobs, but if it's trying to get them from the Apple server (which I believe it does), then it will not work. And anyway, you don't exactly need them to do the iOS 4 jailbreak.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and continue with the upgrade with the custom firmware from Pwnage Tool 4.01.

Why wait? Because either way, even if he waits longer, it won't save his 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 blobs, and if he can't save them, it won't help him later on. He can successfully update to iOS 4 and jailbreak it, so what's the benefit of not doing so?
    Edit: I'm not really trying to prove you wrong, I'm just wondering why you'd say to wait, so it's not like I think I know better, because honestly I'm new to this whole jailbreaking process (or at least new to going in depth with it...).

5. Yoursh thread starter macrumors 6502

Saving the SHSH isn't a big priority. The only reason I'm jailbraking it is because I plan on selling it to upgrade to an iphone 4. I figure unlocking it will help it sell quicker. Everything I've read shows that I can jailbrake 4.0 and unlock via ultrasnow. Downgrading isn't something I plan on doing, but didn't know if the saving of the 3.1.2 shsh was required for a 4.0 jailbrake.

6. iiBenxD macrumors newbie

To answer that question: no, the 3.1.2 activation process (which is the whole point of saving 3.1.2/3 SHSH blobs) is not involved in jailbreaking or activating the iOS 4, so feel free to go ahead and upgrade via the custom firmware that you made (or downloaded) from Pwnage Tool 4.01

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The reason for waiting is quite simple. If something goes wrong with the upgrade to custom IOS4 the only option he will have is stock IOS4 No Jailbreak, No unlock.

8. iiBenxD macrumors newbie

Well, yes, I do see your point there, but then if he does downgrade, I thought it wouldn't downgrade his bootrom along with the iOS? He would still be stuck with the new bootrom, which would be preventing him from jailbreaking anyway, or am I wrong?

And even though this is only semi-related, my father upgraded his 3GS to 4.0, got the iPhone 4, and gave me his 3GS, and effectively ruining my ability to jailbreak it until the dev-team comes out with a new tool. But I've checked, and it seems as if the bootrom hasn't been updated (it's still the old 359.3). Is that normal?

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Bootrom never changes, never updated, never downgraded.

Are you sure you know what you are advising posters ??

You just posted a jailbreak question about 3GS today, now you are giving advice ???

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Bootrom does not upgrade only firmware and baseband.

11. iiBenxD macrumors newbie

I asked a question if anyone had an estimate on how long it will take for the dev-team to come out with a jailbreak. That has nothing to do with the actual process of jailbreaking a phone. I do know what I'm advising posters... I asked in that post on a matter of opinion, not fact? I've had actually quite a bit of experience jailbreaking my previous iPhone 3G and my fathers 3GS, but he decided not to jailbreak on 3.1.x, which is what led to my question.

And thank you for answering my question.

Edit: And why would you even say that if there wasn't anything wrong with my advice to the OP? Not that I'm really mad or anything, I'm just almost a bit insulted. Just wondering if it was speculation or if there is something wrong with my advice?

12. oren1 macrumors member

I did not see anyone asked the OP if he has new or old bootrom.
    If he has the 359.3.2 bootrom, the jailbreak will fail and he will get stuck with iOS4. Too bad...

13. iiBenxD macrumors newbie

In his original post, he made it quite clear that he met all the criteria for the upgrade to 4.0 and jailbreaking, his only question was if he needed the 3.1.3 SHSH. I, along with everyone else who posted in this thread, thought it perfectly safe to assume he knew what he was doing, as he made it seem like, and answered his question. If he had asked for a full guide on jailbreaking his 3GS on iOS 4.0, then maybe someone would've mentioned the bootrom version. But thank you for being oh so observant.