Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael7k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
My Powerbook and the G5 at the office will sync just great. However, the machine at home will not sync and continues to ask for passwords in Mail. Does anyone have any great ideas on what I have done? Do I need do delete past keychains and start over? Any assistace or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Again
Michael

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Think we need a bit more information... Like: Does Mail connect to an internal mail server when you are at work, or the one from your workplace' ISP...? Or more generally: Which mail server(s) do you connect to, and do you use POP or IMAP, etc...? :)

Michael7k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Think we need a bit more information... Like: Does Mail connect to an internal mail server when you are at work, or the one from your workplace' ISP...? Or more generally: Which mail server(s) do you connect to, and do you use POP or IMAP, etc...? :)

I should have been a little more specfic as .Mac is my trouble. I am able to retrieve e mail fine and send e-mail. When I go to use my .mac I can not use the .mac sync. Th other thing is it continually ask for my passwords on mail. Enter the passwords and all works great with the e-mail. I am unable to sync with .mac.

Thanks
Michael

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Michael7k said:
I should have been a little more specfic as .Mac is my trouble. I am able to retrieve e mail fine and send e-mail. When I go to use my .mac I can not use the .mac sync. Th other thing is it continually ask for my passwords on mail. Enter the passwords and all works great with the e-mail. I am unable to sync with .mac.

Thanks
Michael

I think this is a 10.4.6 issue - I am experiencing similar issues, but don't have a fix for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.