Will old SIM chip still work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ihav0frnds, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ihav0frnds macrumors 6502

hi,
    if i get an iphone 4, i understand you get a new microSIM chip. but say i want to keep my whatever noniphone lying around as a backup for emergencies, will that old SIM card in that old phone still work?

if yes, then does that also mean if i wanted to sell the iphone 4 on ebay, i would be ok? i'm wondering in case we upgrade everyone in the family plan, but not everyone wants an iphone.

2. Hovey macrumors regular

couple of options

Easiest is to get an adapter to put your micro sim in so you can use it in other devices. Your current regular sim can also, carefully be trimmed to be used as a micro sim. Option one is recommended.

3. ihav0frnds thread starter macrumors 6502

ah ok. then it's possible to resell on ebay if i just use the microsim w/ adapter in old phone? wondering if it'll be even worth it after ebay and paypal fees. perhaps craigslist will work.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

The iPhone 4 isn't even out yet ... Heck, you can't even pre-order it, and you're worried about how to sell it?

5. ihav0frnds thread starter macrumors 6502

can't a guy do some planning?

6. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

To recap, if I have an iPhone 3G now and buy the new iPhone 4, I can obtain an adapter that will allow me to use the new iPhone 4 mini sim in my old iPhone 3G as necessary, is that about right?

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

microsim-shop.com