will older iMacs still be for sale in store?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MrMister111, Oct 25, 2012.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I'm unimpressed with the new iMacs. Currently I have a Alu 2007 iMac, and am thinking I might need an upgrade.

Will Apple retail stores (I'm in UK), still sell the older iMacs in store? will they be discounted? I think I might buy one of these instead, even more so if they are cheaper/discounted

I know about the refurb's, which I'm also keeping an eye on

cheers

2. TrboMac macrumors regular

TrboMac

Here in the USA stores like Best Buy, etc. still have them but the supplies seem to be thin and they're selling out. I haven't been by an Apple store in recent times to see if they do. I'd say they will until they're gone, which may not be long.

3. Huginnmuninn macrumors regular

Huginnmuninn

Apple's inventory system is pretty sophisticated and they sell down old stock to leave virtually nothing left when replacement hardware is introduced. So find an authorized dealer NOW and see if you can get a deal, but as far as Apple itself goes your option for old gear is refurbished (which actually isn't a bad choice, and gives you a full warranty as if it were new).

4. drambuie, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

drambuie macrumors 6502a

I don't know about the UK, but here in Canada I contacted the local Apple store yesterday, and they said that the existing stock of 2011 iMacs will be on sale at full price until sold out, or the 2012 replacements arrive. Authorized resellers may also still have stock.

5. mdgolom macrumors 6502

I'm in the US, but I stopped into my local Apple store and they're still selling the 2011 model. The price is $1,599 so they may have stopped it $100. The same model from Apple's refurb store is going for $1,359.