Will Pages, iPhoto etc. on MAS never get superseded?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by laserbeam273, May 22, 2012.

1. laserbeam273, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012

laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

Sep 7, 2010
    I'll clarify my question a bit better: If I buy Pages of the MAS now, will there ever be a new version that I have to pay for? I'm a little unsure, as with WWDC coming along, I wouldn't be surprised about them releasing some all new and exciting versions of those apps.

Also I realise nobody actually knows excepts for Apple, but any guesses? I'm getting the vibe that these MAS versions will last longer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've yet to see Apple make you pay for a new version of an existing Apple app from the MAS.

EDIT: Apple has referred to it as Pages '09 on the MAS - that's pretty old, I don't think they'll let that fly through to 2013. Though they could just change the description
  2. norsemen macrumors regular

Apr 2, 2007
    They will either updated the apps and remove the reference to the year the app was released, or release a new app.

Hopefully, Apple will update the MAS with an option to do paid upgrade in the future. A lot of developers are waiting for this option
  3. clukas macrumors 6502a

May 3, 2010
    I think the information leaked about a year ago that apple already has a new functioning iWork version. The best guess is that it tightly integrates with iCloud, so a release is most likely to be when Mountain Lion ships.
  4. laserbeam273 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 7, 2010
    Yeah that would definitely be a nice feature for developers. I guess it's a bit like DLC, so they should support it.

That's my concern. Alright, I'll hold off on any purchases for now. Thanks for the replies.