Will Peryn Keep Me Fertile?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beisball28, Feb 3, 2008.

1. beisball28 macrumors member

Ive been reading lately that one of the major problems with the current and recent versions of the MBP is the extreme temperatures that the laptops can reach (around 115-120 F surface temperature at the bottom). In addition to that I've also read this;

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20041208/laptop-computers-may-affect-male-fertility

This basically says that a hot laptop on your lap for a period of time can make you infertile, which goes without saying, is no good.

My question is I know that peryn will increase the battery time and increase the performance, but will it decrease the temps (CPU, ambeint and surface) becasue of it's smaller size.

If so, about how much temp change do we expect to see...? All in all, i love macs, but I don't want to hurt 'the boys'

2. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Unless you have that computer on your lap twelve hours a day, your sperm should be just fine.

3. Twilight Elk macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

I, too, have seen that study and I'm positive having a towel or something between your lap and notebook should stop that issue.

4. beisball28 thread starter macrumors member

Haha, yah Im not that concerned about the damages, Im more curious in the temperature changes in Peryn

5. dmb3886 macrumors regular

i heard 20 minutes kills sperm..but that's retarded. it has to be an incredibly small amount

6. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

You need the iLap or equivalent.

Besides, Jobs is trying to solve the population problem at the same time.

7. pointycollars macrumors regular

Aren't sperm regenerated at a rate of millions per day anyhow? So killing a few off shouldn't matter much :)

8. heatmiser macrumors 68020

If this is that much of a concern, perhaps you should invest in a desktop... :D

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the impacts of scrotal / testicular temperature on sperm production were all short-lived. As I understand, there is a real impact on your fertility from these kinds of things, but it isn't a long-term impact. How warm your testicles are when you're not currently trying to conceive is irrelevant, isn't it? I'm pretty sure you can just go to wearing boxers and doing all the other stuff that lowers scrotal temperature while you're trying to get pregnant and then go back to whatever is comfortable.

Now on the other hand, some of those hot notebooks have been noted to cause skin damage..... :eek:

EDIT: Of course, my current notebook (EeePC) is so small that if I use it on my lap, it's perched on my knees and nowhere near my genitals... :D

EDIT2: Here's a review for anyone seriously interested in the impacts on fertility of heat stress....

10. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

11. valdore macrumors 65816

valdore

Yeah, and what sucks is we're not allowed to put them to work anymore. :mad:

12. rsm5068 macrumors regular

I love you! You make my life have humor in it again.

@ Jackc:

If steve wanted to help the population problem he would buy a laptop for every male in China and India and force them to sit with them on their laps for 12 hours a day.

A good solution to this problem is USE A TABLE.

13. JWest macrumors 6502

The "sperm killing" effects of having a hot object on your lap are only temporary. The body can produce more in a relatively short amount of time.

14. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

mmm sperm

15. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Where are you from? Here we work our kids in the acid mines 20 hours a day.

16. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

In this case, I think it's probably good to be a girl...:p

17. marclapierre13 macrumors 6502a

marclapierre13

I usually have a blanket on my lap in between me and my laptop, it keeps it from scalding my leg, and I can use my laptop for several hours without getting uncomfortable.

18. Fossie macrumors member

Apple will make iContraception the latest feature of the Macbook Pro.

19. JWest macrumors 6502

It's already built in, you just have to pay a $5 activation fee. It just shuts the fans off for a little while :p

:jk:

20. Anderson3133 macrumors regular

I try to keep all of the hot objects on my lap blonde, and sometimes brunette depending on my mood :D

21. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

22. beisball28 thread starter macrumors member