Will probably reformat my MB... :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by manito2000, Jun 10, 2009.

1. manito2000 macrumors member

Hi Guys...

Yesterday I posted regarding the RAM issues that I've had w/ my MB.

Things are getting worse.

Originally, I was noticing that it was a bit sluggish. However, now...I cannot get it out of standby mode unless I press the power button and reboot.

:(

Now my question is...should I just remove the new 2GB stick and put back in the original 512Mb before I reformat? I just want my MB back to normal.

Thanks...

Also, about how much would a new hardrive cost for my late 2007 MB./ It's a MacBook 3.1 2 GHz.

My other thought was that maybe it was getting worse because it's got one 512Mb stick and a 2GB stick. Anyway...I am desperate to get this MB working normally.

Thanks...

2. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Why dont you try either using google and searching for some after market sales of HD's and Memory for your MB, or try places, like MacSales, OWC, or Newegg.

I know OWC has outstanding support and if you tell them whats going on they'll more than likely assist you. If the 512 worked fine and you put the 2 gig in and removed the 512, then either its not in the right slot or the 2 gig is bad or not the right SIM for your machine.

You could also try resetting the PRAM and than going from there. HD prices are cheap also.