Will Purchasing AppleCare For MBP From Store.Apple.Com Be Activated Immediately?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HappyDude20, Apr 10, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm currently in China for the next month, visiting from California. Last April 24th, 2010 I purchased a MBP for my Sister, currently in NY.

I want to get AppleCare for her, to extend her warranty though it seems the only way I can get AppleCare for her is from the Apple online store, which I don't mind. My concern however is that if I order it online, an AppleCare box will be sent to my home in California...

Personally, I'd rather purchase it from the Apple Store, or over the phone w/ Apple using Skype...and having my sis' MBP info handy and having an AppleCare rep confirm the warranty on her MBP.

Can anyone provide any guidance here?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think the shipping address doesn't have to be the same as billing address. That way you could get it shipped to her house.

3. KiDFuZioN macrumors newbie

I believe you can purchase it over the phone and they can activate your coverage that day. You just need the serial number of the MBP.

4. vnle macrumors 6502

No, it won't be activated the same day you purchase AC online. You'll receive the box and instructions and have to activate it yourself.

5. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

You think I may be able to purchase it over the phone and have it activated right then and there?

I'll call apple nevertheless but am stuck in a classroom at the moment. Lol.