Will reformatting Iphone 5s speed up phone? (ios10.2)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThereGoesJB, Dec 25, 2016.

1. ThereGoesJB macrumors regular

I'm on ios 10.2, on iphone 5s

It has gotten a lot slower and glitchier this past year, I know reformatting my PC will often freshen it up to like-new speeds. Do people experience something similar with iphones?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try a restore by plugging to iTunes.
    And setup as new.

3. Math889 macrumors 65816

Usually the third firmware update is laggy and or slow for some devices. I used an iPhone 5S with iOS 10 and it's laggy and a bit slow. Next year iOS 11 is going to slow down the iPhone 6

4. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

When I still used my 5S, it was fast and slick on iOS 10. I noticed no genuine difference versus iOS 9. I don't know what it would be like on 10.2 though, as I donated the phone to my dad (he had my ancient iP4.) I can't imagine it would be hugely slower on a point release of the OS though.

5. Vivian125 macrumors regular

Vivian125

Restoring would improve some crashing, stuttering, so yes it will be better. But performance wise?? No, it won't be as fast like it did on iOS 7/8/9/10

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

This thread is about iOS 10 from about a year ago. Is the need to try to bash iOS 11 so great that unrelated threads need to be dug up to try to say something that doesn't even make sense in the context of the thread?