Will refurb blackbook still be available in dec?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by thingsis, Oct 26, 2008.

1. thingsis macrumors newbie

thingsis

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a refurbished blackbook in december. How likely will I find one of those between the beginning of december and christmas if I check daily? I will be in the US for a vacation and am living in germany where they are a lot more expensive.
    Worst case I would also get a white 2.4GHz refurb. But I would definitely prefer the blackbook.
    I won't ask about your opinion with the refurbs in general as there are so many threats about it - but I also would not mind a comment (or two) :D

Thanks,
    thingsis

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

refurb = grand idea! :D

Whether the blackbooks will still be available is a function of demand (obviously!). Because they can still be found in the clearance section in late October, it's not unreasonable to assume that they will be still showing up as refurbs for another 5 weeks. Christmas demand for refurbs will likely be high as people look for ways to be careful with money, so it may require some diligence, which is sounds like you're prepared for!

3. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Considering you can still find previous gen (2.2ghz) Blackbooks in the refurb section periodically, I'm sure there will still be ones from the current gen available by Dec.

4. thingsis thread starter macrumors newbie

thingsis

Thanks for your comments. I guess I will have to wait and see. As I would also take a 2.4Ghz white macbook I will hopefully get my hands on one. A blackbook would be nice though :)