Will removing my protective cover damage the screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Funky Drummer, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Funky Drummer macrumors newbie

Like many others, I bought protective sticky plastic films to put on to my iPhone to protect the screen.

Given the cost of the thing, the longer and better lasting I can make it, the better for my wallet.

But given that the new iphone screens have this fancy coating on the glass, I'm now worried that removing the sticky plastic film will pull this coating off with it, thereby making the screen worse than it was in the first place.

Thoughts?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The coating will not be pulled off by the plastic thing. It will however, be worn away by your finger in a few months time. Don't worry, it completely normal. No glass coating is perfect.

3. Funky Drummer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Although I've been using Macs for work for a few years, I'm new to the iPhone. So probably best to leave the plastic cover on then?

4. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I've had my iphone 4 since they were released, and I had an iPhone 3GS for an entire year, and the oleophobic coating never rubbed off...

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Then you must not have used them very often or known the difference. They gradually wear away.

6. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I can compare it to my original iPhone right here and the screen on my Phone 4 is very different.

7. Bladerunnerx macrumors newbie

I have used Klean Screen for a long time and my iPhone/iPod screens are still "dry slippery"