Will Replacing Camera Fix Quality on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chamooks, Jan 11, 2011.

1. chamooks macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 used to take really good quality photos but over time the quality has gone down and the photos are now fuzzy. I admit I have dropped my phone a few times, no cracks though the glass over the back camera is lightly scratched. Will replacing the camera or the back cover fix the quality? Please see attachments for examples of photo quality. First photo is good quality taken a few months ago, the second photo is poor quality taken a week ago.

Attached Files:

2. Xian Zhu Xuande macrumors 6502a

Xian Zhu Xuande

Seems like it wouldn't be an internal issue (beyond the camera).

My guess: either the case is scratched, the camera is not mounted properly, or the camera is otherwise damaged (or a combination of these things).

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can bring it to Apple and have the phone replaced.

4. chamooks thread starter macrumors newbie

@Applejuiced - I actually found the phone and unlocked it to run on T-Mobile so I'm sure Apple wouldn't replace it.

@Xian Zhu Xuande - Do you know of any good sites wear I can find the replacement back cover for cheap?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They will still replace it since its still under warrant and that follows the device and not the owner.
    Problem is the replacement you will receive will not be able to be unlocked at the moment.

6. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

well if the phone is still under warranty, which it should be, you can just bring it into apple regardless if you are the original owner or not. Apple does not have a system to flag lost or stolen iPhones. Just make sure you restore it first and have you shsh blobs backed up.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Shsh blobs are unique to each device.
    He cannot use his current blobs on the new replacement iphone he will receive.