Will rMBP ordered today come with Mountain Lion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by majordude, Jul 12, 2012.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

Apr 28, 2007
    There is a 3-4 week backlog of orders on rMBP. Mountain Lion went Gold yesterday so that means it is 1-2 weeks to being released. I think. :rolleyes:

So that means that there is a 1-2 week "slop" between Gold and a new rMBP shipping.

Do you think it will have Lion or Mountain Lion when it ships?
  2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Jul 21, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    if ML comes out before it ships you will get ML. Mine is supposed to ship Aug 2nd...so I should be getting it with ML installed.
  3. zerotiu macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2012
    my shipping range is July19th - aug 1st and the status is still processing. I hope I get ML.

Is it possible to change the Lion recovery inside a mac with another installer (let say, with mountain lion)?
  4. Haiku214 macrumors member

Jul 8, 2012
    With shipping dates that long, I would highly suggest checking out your nearest Apple retail store for possible stocks.
  5. xxhanxx macrumors newbie

Jul 6, 2009
    do you know if rMBP will have low end model with 16gb of ram in stores?
  6. stevelam macrumors 65816

Nov 4, 2010
    Very unlikely at this point.
  7. ACiB708 macrumors regular

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't think they have the base with 16GB RAM. You have to build it online. I think the store only carries the base model and the maxed out in some stores. As for the OP, I don't think you'll get it with ML :( since your shipping date is before ML release, but there's the free upgrade! :cool:
  8. heyimandy macrumors member

Jun 12, 2012
    Toronto, ON
    Either way if it ships with it or not you will have a free upgrade to Lion when it's released this month. Enjoy your new toy!
  9. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Oct 9, 2007
    Do stores EVER get BTO versions of things?
  10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

Oct 31, 2010
    Hamilton, Ontario
    no guarantee, but i will guarantee you will be able to upgrade to ML for free