Will Safari ever be fixed?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by sovereign, Apr 28, 2015.

1. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

Scrolling on a maxed out Air 2 is ridiculous. Scroll down and stare at blank space before Safari can load the damn page. Mercury seems to force load pages better, but it has its own issues. Safari on an iPhone 6+ is much better. Seems to be an issue primarily with the iPad.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

From what i've read it has more to do with Webkit and other browsers use the same engine. No such issues with Android.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Isn't Chrome essentially based on WebKit as well?

4. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

6+ and Mini2 - Safari on the Mini is far far worse. Tab reloads, off screen no-loads, slow-loads, etc....., spinning wheel, "There has been an error....." reloads, page never-loads.....

It's too the point I am actively looking an alternatives to my LTE Mini 2 .....

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

Isn't Chrome for Android based on Webview or Chromium? :confused: If Chrome also uses Webkit like Safari then that is even more indicting on Apple's software group not knowing what they are doing if their competitors have a more reliable web browser.

https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/faq

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yes, in iOS all the browsers are built upon the same thing that Safari uses (not counting the JavaScript engine).

7. Rodster macrumors 68040

Yes I knew that was the case with iOS which explains the almost equal behavior between iOS browsers. I don't know if Android uses the same approach? Be that as it may, I have found the Android web browsers to be more reliable. Sad, really because I prefer using my iPad because of the screen size.

8. Paradoxally, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015

Paradoxally macrumors 65816

No problems whatsoever on an iPad 4 running iOS 6.1. iOS 7+ sucks on iPads.

It's a sorry state when iOS regresses in stability and Scott Forstall is no more.

9. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I don't know if you users should take this as a joke or not but the correct title of the thread should've been "Will iOS ever be fixed?"