Will SD adaptor fit my Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by cheeryble, Jul 30, 2019.

1. cheeryble macrumors regular

Hi

I would like to buy a Sandisk micro SD card 200gb to expand the storage in my Air.

Here is what comes in the box:
    What’s in the box
    • SanDisk 200GB Ultra Micro SDXC Card
    • SanDisk SD to Micro SD Adapter
    My only query is will the Adapter fit the slot in my Air OK?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-07-31 13.28.30.jpg

2. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

Yes, technically it will fit using that adapter, but the SD card adapter will protrude from the card slot. That makes it hazardous if you're going to transport your MBA.

I have something like THIS that I use for my 128GB micro SD card that is "permanently" installed in my MBA. The adapter is shorter so that nothing but the little silver edge is exposed.

31uWEuTHgKL.jpg

3. cheeryble, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019

cheeryble thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks v much sracer.....

I did realize it will stick out, but presumably I can tamporarily remove it if I’m going anywhere?
    I’m presuming an icon Will just come up on the desktop when it’s inserted.

I did see a made to fit adaptor for slaw but it was crazy expensive.
    Something like yours would be ideal, perhaps I should search.....or maybe u have a link or a name?
    I’m in Thailand and easy/cheap/free shipping would be good. THe card I mentioned is sold online in Thailand and includes the adaptor, arrives in a day or two.
    But maybe worth waiting

Thanks again
    ps Justus checked. Does this look right? Five bucks and local
    https://www.lazada.co.th/products/m...MI57XWqO7l4wIVkoRwCh3jeAQ3EAQYASABEgJtl_D_BwE

4. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

Without the actual dimensions of the adapter it is hard to tell, but running that page through a language translator seems to indicate that it is similar to the dozen or so adapters I've seen on Amazon.

i did provide a link... if you tap on the -> THIS <- in this post or my previous one, it would take you to the Amazon page.

Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/Cablecc-Adaptor-Storage-Macbook-Retina/dp/B00S6AM9CS