Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DAKnits

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I have been using the ZCoveriSAglove Outdoor kit b/c I wanted to have a belt clip and an arm band (since the iphone is my ipod), and I thought rubber would really protect my phone b/c I always drop it, and tend to just throw it in my purse. :eek: Plus my 3 year old handles my phone a lot and watches her Podcasts on it.

I was thinking of using the Sena Dockable Case or Sena Magneticflipper instead of the ZCover for every day use, and just using the ZCover for when I'm at the gym and need the arm band. I really like the idea of the flip cover, since I throw my phone into my purse and I'm paranoid the screen will get scratched or shattered. I do have a crystal anti-glare film over the screen.

Will the leather case afford me as much protection as the rubber ZCover case if the phone drops? Is there any other options I should consider?

Thanks!

buymeaniphone

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
The Sena dockable case will do a good job of protecting the iPhone should you drop it, but because its a dockable case the bottoms corners are exposed so you would still scratch it up pretty good if you drop it from high enough. As for the screen, the magnetic enclosure will ensure that the flap doesn't open up in case you drop it or if you toss it in your purse. I have a few reviews on my site in case you want any more suggestions for a case.

DAKnits

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
The Sena dockable case will do a good job of protecting the iPhone should you drop it, but because its a dockable case the bottoms corners are exposed so you would still scratch it up pretty good if you drop it from high enough. As for the screen, the magnetic enclosure will ensure that the flap doesn't open up in case you drop it or if you toss it in your purse. I have a few reviews on my site in case you want any more suggestions for a case.

I had just about given up on the Sena Dockable due to a few of the reviews I read on here about the exposed corners. Is there any truth to the magnetic cases being dangerous for the phone? Also, I read one post that talked about it being bad for the iphone to keep it in the leather case while docking b/c it gets hot and doesn't "breathe" -- is this something to be concerned about?

I just posted about the ISkin Revo with belt clip, the Marware Backwinder, and the Otterbox Defender ... I'm checking out your site first to see what other options you review and what your reviewers think about the cases I'm considering. Thanks for the advice and link!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.