Will September bring new Macbooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chrisronline, Aug 21, 2008.

1. chrisronline macrumors newbie

Hey everyone

I'm starting school again in September and I really wanted to get a new Macbook before the school year started, but according to this site, a new update might be coming out to the line next month so I'm not quite sure if I should wait for the update or not.

Is the rumor that new Macbooks will be released in September or will there just be an announcement that new ones will come soon?

I don't want to purchase an outdated model, yet I don't want to wait a couple months before getting it since school is starting soon.

Thanks

2. cristo macrumors regular

The macbooks are indeed rumoured to come out in September. The standard advice is that if you need one now, then buy it now. If you can afford to wait a month or so, then wait.

3. Col127 macrumors 6502

it's rumored that they'll be updating the macbooks and macbook pros. as well as the ipods :) i'd wait if you could.

4. iMacmatician macrumors 601

An announcement/release in September.

Multiple rumors have pointed to this date so you should be fairly sure of this happening.

5. chrisronline thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any idea how much of an upgrade it will actually be? I've heard rumors of the new macbooks using new Intel processors

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Your guess is as good as anyone's, really...

In my opinion they'll probably update the form factor and throw some updated hardware in, but to what extent no one really knows.

There's a bunch of rumors all over this site that might help ya decide for yourself. :D

7. ShaneR macrumors member

Yeah, all arrows point towards September. However, no one knows for sure except Apple. Here's my opinion: The current MacBooks are not going to be outdated when the new updates arrive. I have a 2.4Ghz blackbook and it is lightening fast. 250GB is a s**t-ton of storage for anyone not doing video/audio editing and I really can't see any need for a bigger hard drive for atleast a couple years. Plus, when the updates arrive, revision 1 will always have bugs and kinks that need to be worked out. If you need a computer for school I would jsut go with the current MB.

8. iMacmatician macrumors 601

• New Intel processors with a 1067 MHz FSB
    • New chipset
    • Reduced margins which means more performance per $ (NOT lower prices)
    • New case designs that take cues from the iMac and MacBook Air
    • Possible LED displays on the MacBook
    • Glass multi-touch trackpad

9. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

There is no certainty of anything. This is MacRumors. Always be sure to search before posting a new thread, because many of us are in the same boat as you :D

10. chrisronline thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I understand that nothing is certain but I was curious as to other people's thoughts and opinions who might have a better guess.

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

if you look around in this forum you find about 10 000 threads discussing this.

in a nutshell: montevina chipset, possibly a new aluminum casing, integrated GPU X4500, $100 price drop. so all in all a major update. that's the optimistic rumors.

however others say this update will be minor with a major update in spring 09.

take your guess.:D

12. iMacmatician macrumors 601

It has been rumored that the next generation of Macs won't be using Montevina, but another chipset.

More like realistic, given all the rumors pointing to it.

There are no signs pointing to this.