Will Series 3 LTE Apple Watch support Siri Notes and Reminders?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bobob, Sep 2, 2017.

1. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

The ability to dictate Siri notes and schedule reminders during my daily walk using only an LTE Apple Watch (without iPhone) is at the top of my function wishlist. Will the new S3 processor chip be able to support this feature?

2. KrisLord macrumors 65832

3. bobob, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017

bobob thread starter macrumors 68030

bobob

I see that you are a relative newbie on MacRumors ( ;) ), so as a courtesy to your inexperience I'll explain: my question is a rhetorical one intended to initiate discussion.

Even on the iPhone isn't Siri's processing primarily carried out on remote servers over LTE?

4. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

Err your question didn't come off as rhetorical in the slightest.

That being said, yes it will, in Watch OS 5.

5. slears macrumors member

I can see the reminders option as being quite useful, the notes however could be quite complicated with all the new features built in such as inline sketching, tables etc.

Perhaps a new dedicated folder within the notes app for plain text notes only from the watch may fix it but it would be quite handy to view them from the watch.

6. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I'd be shocked if it couldn't...I mean reminders especially, where better to get them than on a watch, and have them sync with your PC/Phone? Would be shocking to me if they didn't do that.

7. bobob thread starter macrumors 68030

bobob

Reminders do indeed work on the LTE Apple Watch, however you still can't take a note.