Will signature be required for delivery?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aston441, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Aston441 macrumors 65816

Will signature be required for delivery? I'm trying to figure out my options so I won't come home to that stupid yellow sticker on my door Friday.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Quite likely.

With Fedex and UPS you can easily sign up on their site and redirect the shipment to a Fedex-Kinkos or a UPS-Store for you to then sign & pickup.

Of course it's also possible Apple may prevent redirection. I saw that once with another product from another company.

3. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Will always require a signature unless you make other arrangements

4. jhfenton macrumors 6502a

jhfenton

Yep. When I got my AW S2 a year ago, I had UPS hold it at the UPS distribution center a few blocks from my office downtown. I walked over on release morning and picked it up.

5. AbsynthMinded macrumors member

Good to know about other options like having FedEx or UPS hold on to a package. I normally pick up my products in an Apple store. Unfortunately with the Nike Version they only option was to have it shipped and additionally I won't be in town during the expected delivery time.

For those who have done this before, once I find out the service can I choose any FedEx/UPS store for holding or are there usually specific distribution centers?

6. David R macrumors 6502

Be mindful that if you redirect the package to another location such as a UPS Store, you may be adding an extra day to the delivery (and there's a weekend in between.)

I'd say to either make arrangements for you or someone to sign for the package, or have it held at the UPS warehouse and go sign for it when you can.

7. Rayban macrumors 6502

Rayban

I believe you have the option to print and sign a form and tape it to your door for FedEx. With UPS you should be able to authorize release online.

8. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Just an FYI sometimes the carrier will require a first delivery attempt to the primary original address before allowing a redirection to a secondary address. This can add extra time before you may be able to pick it up.
    Having it held at the carrier terminal (if the terminal allows pickups) may also be an option

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Here it's seemed to be any store, though it's always possible Apple might dictate something different.

As soon as you get a tracking number, go sign into the site (UPS or Fedex) and check your options.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You can do the same process with UPS. They allow a form to be completed and filled out and attached to your door.

11. deeddawg macrumors 604

Wonder how many thieves will be driving around Friday morning to note which houses have the signature form on the door... :)

12. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Actually, there was an article last year in my city about how criminals would follow around UPS delivery trucks and wait until UPS delivered the package at the front door, then the criminals would take the package from the door. It was happening quite a bit in my city around the holiday season. So as a safe bet, I would make sure I am home.

13. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yeah, I wouldn't risk it where I am, though I can imagine circumstances where folks would be relatively safe.

Before redirecting delivery became pretty easy, I had my work address as an alternate address on my credit card. When ordering something requiring signature, I'd use my work address. I also brought the mailroom guy a half dozen of his favorite refreshing beverage every so often as a token of appreciation. He was always happy to accept a personal delivery for me. :)

14. Aston441 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks everyone.

I rerouted to my nearest distro center.