Will silver iPhone SE discolor?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Jul 8, 2016.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

I recently got a silver SE and love it. My question is will a white iPhone discolor from smoke exposure over time? I don't smoke but I hang out with people that do and worry that it will yellow my phone.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I rotate my devices, black iPhone, now I have a white iPhone, I had a white iPad, now I have a black iPad. Etc. None of my white devices have any discoloration whatsoever. I compare them to new ones my family and friends buy and it's hard to tell which one is the new one.

3. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you around smokers for any appreciable amount of time?

4. rjalda100 macrumors regular

I currently have a 3.5 year old silver/white iPhone 5 which still looks like it did when it was new. It doesn't show any signs of discolouration, nor does my white iPod touch. Yours should be fine.

5. techspin macrumors 6502a

If you're worried about your phone changing colors because of ambient smoke, shouldn't you be more concerned about your health instead?

6. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

7. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Most of my friends vape. But when we hang out at the "smoke shack" during lunch and the occasional actual smoker decides to come out we don't all scatter. Yes I wish they didn't smoke around me but it is what it is. My phone discolorong is a more immediate concern I suppose.

8. niji macrumors 6502a

niji