Will Siri Read Web Pages?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by capcaveman, Oct 4, 2011.

1. capcaveman macrumors member

I regularly cut and past text from websites to an app that will read them back to me while driving on my iPhone. I looked at all the info on Siri at the apple website. It specifically indicates it will read text messages, emails and some other app info but I didn't see anything about it reading full web pages. Anybody know or have a guess?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

VoiceOver has been doing that for awhile I think.

3. capcaveman thread starter macrumors member

Maybe I was doing something wrong, but voice over wouldn't read the full text of a website for me on my phone, I might need to look more closely at it.

----------

Just tried voice over again, very cumbersome and hard to get to just the parts I want to read, really is no improvement over the app. Poor voice quality, stops reading when screen goes dark, I'm sure it's more customizable but I'm hoping Siri will be a better option.

4. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

Looks like there's limited options for what it could read. Texts, etc. It certainly wasn't reading any coming from Wolfram Alpha during the demo.

5. mountains macrumors regular

If I can ask Siri to flame trolls on the interwebs, I will rescind everything I've said about the iPhone 4S and buy one immediately.

6. Phycoduck macrumors regular

Phycoduck

The same with E-Mails.

My day is very busy, and it would help if the Phone can read emails to me and allow me to reply via voice.

At the moment the Siri software is still at Beta stage. But does this mean the non beta can work with more languages or do more things? I love the idea of Siri and can see major advantages. Currently, this software is still a gimmick.

I can see if its raining just by looking out the window. Answering questions on spreadsheet reports, now that’s a tool everybody will buy and use.