will snow leopard come with ilife 09???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chrisp92, Jan 6, 2009.

1. chrisp92 macrumors member

ok,, so i JUST got a new aluminum macbook in october or whenever they came out... so does this mean that i have to pay 260 australian just so i can upgrade to ilife 09 and iwork 09?!?!?!?!??!

then i thought,, that if i was going to upgrade to snow leopard, would this come with ilife 09?? =S
    i dont wanna pay for ilife 09 twice..
    can someone help me out??

and whats with those software coupons that came with iwork and i think they came with ilife as well...? can i use them to get ilife and iwork 09 for a cheaper price??

thanks.
    =]

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

ILife comes with new Macs, not with new versions of OSX, so it won't be part of Snow Leopard

3. krye macrumors 68000

krye

iLife has never been offered with a retail box of OS X. It comes with a new Mac, not with OS X. You'll have to buy it separately.

Hopefully they release another "Mac Box Set" later that has Snow Leopard, iLife, and iWork. I'd go for that!

4. chrisp92 thread starter macrumors member

ohhh ok..
    sigh..
    thanks for your help =]

i wish they even did a iwork and ilife pack......
    should i not buy iwork and ilife to see if apple brings a pack with snow lep. and ilife/iwork?????
    do you guys think they would???
    and how much is snow lep. expected to cost???
    thanks =]

5. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Same here.
    I wish their was either:
    - iLife and iWork set, with about $40AUD saving; or
    - iLife, Snow Leopard, iWork (when SL comes out obvs)

So much better... ^^

6. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

No one knows how much SL would cost. Leopard was $129 but was a major upgrade in features. SL is supposed to be an "under the hood" update which improves speed and efficiency. Many columnists and bloggers are speculating that Apple won't treat SL the same way as they did Leopard and will offer it at a reduced price.

7. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Would have to go along with you there, especially if they give it at £200 or a little more for the family pack, that to me is insanely good value.

8. chrisp92 thread starter macrumors member

thanks everyone =]

but i still have one question, when i got iwork 08, it had software coupons that came with it.
    can i use this to upgrade somehow for a lower price??
    thanks =]

9. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

iLife is not sold as an Upgrade option, so no smaller price there.

And the expiration date of the coupons should be listed on the coupons itself.

So if they are still valid, you can buy iLife for a reduced price, but the only version you can buy, the retail one.

10. ELMI0001 macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

I think this is why Apple released the Mac Box Set. Offer it now with Leopard/iLike/iWork to entice people to upgrade to Leopard and enjoy the new features of the OS and apps and later offer it with Snow Leopard. Since Apple has admitted Snow Leopard is an under the hood OS upgrade I don't see them charging $129 US for it by itself but as a package it's a good price. Microsoft was criticized heavily for charging full price for under the hood upgrades in the past and I'm sure Apple has learned from their mistake.

When they plug Snow Leopard into that deal it will be enticing to people who had purchased when the new MacBooks came out last October - as 1 poster mentioned. I would wait until a Snow Leopard date is announced.