Will Snow Leopard include iLife'09?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thomahawk, Jan 6, 2009.

1. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

well i dont want to upgrade just yet on my ilife08 right noww

i have a white macbook 2.1ghz with 1GB RAM will Snow Leopard run well on this macbook? if so then i hope ilife09 will be included in snow leopard then i'll just buy snow leopard

however if snow leopard can not be run on my 2.1macbook then i'll just upgrade my ilife

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

iLife '09 will not be included with Snow Leopard.

There is a chance the Mac Box Set will be updated to include Snow Leopard on it's release but this is obviously going to be more expensive.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

Why? Snow Leopard (10.6) will replace Leopard (10.5), the the operating system that is currently shipping. When Leopard replaced Tiger I don't recall the price for Leopard being higher than Tiger.

5. BayouBengal macrumors regular

:mad:
    I think Olly is implying that Apple may offer the bundle deal like they are now with Leopard, iLife and iWork. Well the current bundle is a pretty nice discount compared to buying each separate. Apple might offer the bundle with Snow Leopard but not for the bundle price we saw today. The bundle announced today is to help encourage the laggards that are still with 10.4 Tiger. There will be no way that we will be able to purchase Snow Leopard, iLife 09 and iWork 09 all for sub $200 total.

6. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I don't know. I would encourage everyone who is going to purchase iWork and iLife to spend the extra $11 and get the bundle. Maybe if enough people purchase the bundle, Apple will have an incentive to continue to offer it.

However, I do fundamentally agree with you. They're offering this primarily to the G4/G5/1st Gen Intel crowd, as Leopard will likely be their last available operating system upgrade.

7. BayouBengal macrumors regular

Sure, they might offer that bundle again, but not likely at the same price. Leopard is towards the end of it's cycle.

If a bundle came out at that price, I would absoloutly get it. But as it stands right now, I probably won't go Snow Leopard right away as I am not aware of any killer features that I need. Heck, maybe Apple will surprise us. If it's something similar in scale to Bootcamp and Time Machine, yeah it's a slam dunk.

I find it interesting that the name for 10.6 is mearly just a different breed of the same cat. Almost like Apple is implying that it's not that major of an update relative to updates in the past.

8. Mac_Max macrumors 6502

Well they've been advertising that the improvements are going to be mostly internal to improve performance. Additional features aren't the main reason to buy Snow Leopard so yeah thats the implication ;).