Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wraz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Im sure it will, but i wanna be sure that all my programs will work.

So basicly the system has less problems, and is faster.
But is it really worth it? I got a macbook aluminium (collectors edition) or what ever :p
I just wanna make sure that my mac will get faster. Cause its only 29 bucks.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Im sure it will, but i wanna be sure that all my programs will work.

So basicly the system has less problems, and is faster.
But is it really worth it? I got a macbook aluminium (collectors edition) or what ever :p
I just wanna make sure that my mac will get faster. Cause its only 29 bucks.

Since it's only $29, then surely you may as well? Have you not read the site? Many things are 1.5x to 2.0x faster to open/complete. Grand Central Dispatch allows multi-processor usage, so distributing programs among cores for maximum productivity. It also uses up much less disk space, so I dont' really see a reason NOT to upgrade, unless you use some old old programs that won't run in 64-bit.

As for iLife and iWork, yes they will work, and I think iLife will come with Snow Leopard anyway.

Wraz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
alright thanks man, im pretty new to this stuff, and havent really read much about it. But im guessing im gonna switch. and omg. do i get ilife 09 AND SnowLeopard For only 29 bucks?!

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
alright thanks man, im pretty new to this stuff, and havent really read much about it. But im guessing im gonna switch. and omg. do i get ilife 09 AND SnowLeopard For only 29 bucks?!

After reading your last post, I have changed my mind. Since Snow Leopard is an UPGRADE to Leopard, I don't see any reason why they would include iLife, since Leopard should already have it. Especially at that price. I do apologise! :eek:

Wraz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
ahh thats okay, i already got ilife09 and iwork09 so no worries :)

Wraz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Alright, but new question: I Didn't buy my mac in an apple store. So can i still get snow leopard for 29 bucks?

Wraz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
ahh thank god. But how do i prove to apple that i got leopard?

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
By having it. The $29 version does not work with any computer other than those running Leopard (or a non-Intel computer), so you'll just blow $29 on a worthless disk if you don't have it.

Yep, they don't care who buys the disk, whether you have Leopard or not - essentially they're still earning money from it.

Wraz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
o wow, thats good to hear. i can't wait for it to come out :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.