Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

socker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
I think this is an great idea... I can't wait until these things pop up.

I remember there was talk about opening Apple theme Cafe's back in Amelio's days... I wondering if they're thinking about that too. a coffee shop full of flower imacs!

joe_k

Jahy

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2001
UC Berkeley
That would be pretty cool! I think it would help them a lot with how people see macs if such a place became a popular hang out spot. That could easily happen if the place had a nice atmosphere, food and easy access to free services like e-mail, internet access and more.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
An Apple internet cafe would be great... I know it sort of defocuses Apple. But an internet cafe as a hangout with all Apple products (airport, powerbooks, iMacs)... would be very appealing. ...at least to me :)

arn

pliny

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2001
syracuse and buffalo stores

one rumor i've heard is that retail stores are coming to bufflao and/or syracuse. for thosue of us in the great white north this is a welcome rumor but is it true?

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
Stores

If Apple is going to open stores, then open them across the United States and Canada! So where ever there is an Apple office, open up an apple store in that city!

MacBoy

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Not for export

Unfortunatly I dont think that the G4's have been oked for export to foren countries. So I dout that they well be opening an Apple store there. It wouldn't make much sence to open a store that could only sell 1/2 of Apples Computer lines. Or at least that is my understanding about the G4 export situation.... Some one tell me I am wrong if I am.

sauria

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2001
Texas, USA
You can buy new G4's at the Apple Centres (Retail Store Outlets) in Australia. I don't understand the export restriction except possibly for price reasons. It's certainly not a national security issue

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
That's interesting

Thats good to know. I heard that there were some export restrictions to some conties. I heard Japan was one of them. I was told that Apple only sels iMac's there. But I guess that I was at least parshaly wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.