Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
I have asked several times..... No real answer .
I can find my missing bookmarks at least some of them under Finder. then type in safari bookmarks. It show it in Html folder. MY BIG gardening bookmarks. But how do I get them back into my bookmarks that will show on the sidebar ???
This is so aggravating.......How are they getting away????
Thanks
Jean:(:confused::mad:

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I can find my missing bookmarks at least some of them under Finder.
We'd like to help, but I, for one, don't know what that means. Can you explain where exactly you find bookmarks?

then type in safari bookmarks. It show it in Html folder.
Again, I don't understand. It may be terminology getting in the way. I don't have an "Html folder". (Ok, yes I do. But it's buried in an Application folder which I'm confident not many users have.)

How are they getting away????
Well, that's hard for anyone to say, as we can't observe what you're doing. We have to rely on what you write. So far, you've not given enough to go on.

Daffodil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
In a sunny state of mind
I have asked several times..... No real answer .
I can find my missing bookmarks at least some of them under Finder. then type in safari bookmarks. It show it in Html folder. MY BIG gardening bookmarks. But how do I get them back into my bookmarks that will show on the sidebar ???
This is so aggravating.......How are they getting away????
Thanks
Jean:(:confused::mad:

I'm also a little confused about what you're asking, but I wonder, are you using the Reading List function? (I ask because you said sidebar...) If so, then maybe the obvious answer is that you're in the "Unread" tab instead of "All." If this is what you're using, your problem arises since once you revisit a link, it will no longer appear as unread.

If you haven't been using the Reading List, but you can still find your (regular) bookmarks via Finder, why don't you just search them up in finder, click the link and then re-add the bookmarks in Safari? (go to Bookmarks>Add bookmark)

Finally, you could probably restore them from a backup, but that seems unnecessarily cumbersome, relative to the effort it is to just re-add them yourself.

jeanw

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
ky.
my missing gobs of bookmarks

It is whole folder of bookmarks with several sub categories..... A big Gardening bookmark FOLDER......
I can only find it in "finder" it lists it as an html.......
This is so Blankety blankety irritating. It has lost at least foru or five major folder of bookmarks....
never had this problem with Windows... if so I could find it and drag it back out of where I had accidentally dragged a whole folder too.
After canning and gardening pressing stuff is over will call Apple care......
I should not even be on net right now my green beans are waiting to be canned.
Thanks all
jean

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
It is whole folder of bookmarks with several sub categories..... A big Gardening bookmark FOLDER......
I can only find it in "finder" it lists it as an html.......
This is so Blankety blankety irritating. It has lost at least foru or five major folder of bookmarks....
never had this problem with Windows... if so I could find it and drag it back out of where I had accidentally dragged a whole folder too.

Well, I'm dense or something. Still don't know what you mean by finding your bookmarks in Finder.

But, let's be clear, the computer did not lose them, the user did. The reason you never had the problem in Windows is that you took the time to learn how it works. You have to do the same with your Mac. It does not work the same way.

What happens when, in Safari, you go to Bookmarks > Show all Bookmarks ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.