Will Space Grey work with all clothes?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Steviejobz, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Is the silver more neutral so you can wear it with brown, navy etc? Am wondering if buying the space grey that it will look too black and may clash with certain clothes.

Is silver the better choice?

2. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

That's one of the reasons I'm going with silver.

3. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

Space grey is dark grey, a color that is widely considered universal with clothes.

The black band is a bit different, but wouldn't out and out clash with anything.

4. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

Black and silver are both neutral colors. Either will go with all clothes. It's the band you have to worry about - and the black band will be fine for anything.

5. Scrub175 macrumors 6502

Scrub175

great question, as this one is going around in my head. I'm wanting the watch for the sport/fitness/fun aspect more so the dressy impressive higher end watch, but still want to use it for business casual dress. I love the silver with almost any sport band color and will as such purchase black, blue, and green. I love the look of the aluminum space gray and think all the bands look good as well, I'm just concerned about brown shoe and belt day, having the correct band to mesh with them. That's where I see the space gray as different, in that it looses the sport and fun factor because it is more wardrobe specific. But what do I know, I'm wearing brown shoes and belt with a dark gray/black kenneth cole watch, so who knows. I'm going for the silver because it seems to have a more fun/casual look.

6. kovey macrumors 6502a

The space grey apple watches are actually incompatible with android and seersucker.

7. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

All of the watches are in neutral colours that will go with anything. The same can't be said of all the straps.

8. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

The Space Grey models should work for all current superhero movie costumes. Their colors are dark, gritty, and somber.

The pastel color models should work for previous superhero movie costumes, and more especially superhero TV costumes. Their colors are bright and loud.

9. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I still have yet to see a picture or video of the Space Grey watch that looks even close to the Space Grey of my iPhone. The watch seems much darker. Maybe that's just an illusion because of the size.

10. derekmess macrumors member

Silver with white and black bands seem best for all clothes to me