Will Speck PixelSkin HD fit iPad 3?

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
I'm guessing not, only because it fits so tightly on the iPad 2.

Edit, see below.

Last edited:

DaGrandMastah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
No, I dont' think it will.....it was a very tight fit when I tried it out on the original. I expect that little bit will make a big difference.

On another note, I'm shocked at how many people liked this case for the 2. I thought it was possibly the worst case I saw out of all the ones I tried. I hated it.

I woudl think Speck should have a new one ready sooner then late since they just have to tweak an existing design.

a3silver

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2010
Fits perfectly over the 3rd Gen, I have the black Pixelskin HD, it's a bit tighter than the iPad 2 but still a perfect fit.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Fits purrrrfectly, even around the larger camera opening.

And the sticky bar is still sticky from the iPad 2 release date.

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I took my Pixelskin HD off today from my iPad 2 and put it on my iPad 3. If I was told this case was mad for the iPad 3 I would absolutely believe it. Fits perfectly there is nothing else to say.

manchali

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
PixelSkin HD Wrap for new iPad page at Speck is here:
https://www.speckproducts.com/blog/pixelskin-hd-wrap-for-ipad-2-innovation-and-improvement
Says street date at Target is April 15th for this one:

You can also mark your calendar for April 15, that's when PixelSkin HD Wrap hits Target Stores in the USA!
PixelSkin HD Wrap case for the new iPad will be available in black, grape (purple), bubblegum (pink, pictured above), peacock (lighter blue), pomodoro (red) and cobalt (darker blue). Target will feature cobalt, grape, and bubblegum.
The cobalt one sounds cool. This is one of the cases I'm considering along side a few of the Incipio ones.

Also for their older cases, they made a chart for what fits the new one and how here: https://www.speckproducts.com/ipad-fit
Their official take on the Pixelskin HD is
Will fit but wasn't designed for it (our new cases will fit better)

aggieastrosfan

macrumors member
May 28, 2011
I briefly had mine on the new iPad. When I took it off when I finally found a good case for it, I noticed the corners were starting to rip on the case. They were not tearing when I took it off the iPad 2.

woods1110

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
In Stock @ Target

I was in my local target today and they have the PixelSkin HD cases for the new ipad in stock. Speck posted on their facebook page that some stores have started receiving them.