will stores be selling the ipads when the doors open?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sharkoid, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Sharkoid macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Nexus S 4G Build/GWK74) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Not Just only apple but stores like target that open at 8:00am will the be selling it when the doors open? I know they are going to sell it but im wondering if its going to be at 5pm like last year.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

other stores will sell ipads when apple does. if apple decides to sell the ipad at 5p, then everybody else will, too.

:edit:

what i was trying to say is that nobody is allowed to sell earlier than apple. last year, some people tried going to 24-hour wal-marts trying to see if they could get ipads at midnight. they couldn't; they had to wait until apple stores started selling them.

3. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

I was told by two Best Buy stores that they will go on sale at 5PM, but I'm not sure about other stores. I've read that Apple Stores begin to sell them at 8AM, so...

4. Grease2310 macrumors member

There's been no official word from Apple so retailers are using last years 5pm timeline as a guesstimate. Wal-Mart's internal Wire system also shows a message of "street date for the new iPads is March 16th at 5pm for ALL RETAILERS" but then the new Apple store in Houston Texas is having it's grand opening pushed up to 8am that day so that's where the rumor of 8am comes from. Until Apple says, we won't know.

5. Sharkoid thread starter macrumors member

I guess best buy will start selling it at 10 am that means most stores should sell when open hopefully!

6. bballintom22 macrumors newbie

7. Sharkoid thread starter macrumors member

How early are you lining up at.....I was thinkin 6am for target