Will stores take 'free ipod -ed. discount' for credit?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dvpetrenko, Jul 3, 2008.

1. dvpetrenko macrumors newbie

Sorry for wrong forum.... but i have no idea where else..:eek:

I couldn't find anyone ask this for some reason... Say one doesn't need the ipod, but it's free.... would best buy, or other elect. sotre take it without reciept for store credit... i mean 300 bucks sounds good:confused:

it's bugging me.. any ideas??

thanks

2. Sirus2400 macrumors regular

You could try, but its somewhat unlikely. Why not just sell it on ebay or craigslist?

3. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Sorry buddy...if you tried that at my Best Buy my CS Supervisor would laugh you right out of the store, and then we'd all talk about you on the headset. Doing a no-receipt return on a DVD or video game is one thing. A $300 iPod Touch is another. Besides, ANY no-receipt return is by manager discretion...we're not required to do it by any means.

EBay or Craigslist would be a lot better deal. Especially if its brand new in box...you could probably get good money out of it.

4. dvpetrenko thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, - now i get it..

i just never had any problems returning stuff that i actually bought... so i though it wouldn't matter. even when i lost the proof, they'd give credit all the time:rolleyes:

Thanks!

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

A lot of the holiday return policies are year round for electronics.

Could try Apple, but even if they do take it back they'd probably need to give you a gift card.

Lots of gift cards these days, since some stores start spending them down if you don't use them.

But as most said, the free iPod with the ed discount might not be returnable and in the computer that way. So sell it.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

what if you say you got it as a gift? and want store credit from apple store? i want to do that with my harmond kardon speakers that i got, it has the apple store barcode sticker on it

7. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

Ignore any reply that does not point out that in order to receive your rebate, you must cut out the original UPC from the ipods packaging. Therefore, no you cannot return it anywhere and most sellers will know what you were doing because the ipod will be open and without a upc label. This is what I figured, at least.

8. dvpetrenko thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! Finally.... i completely forgot about the barcode sending..... that clarifies it:eek::rolleyes:

Hey, How long did it take for your rebate to come back???? that would help

9. RamblinWreck macrumors regular

RamblinWreck

Wal-mart will definitely take it back without a receipt. If all else fails, go there.

10. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I'm barely about to send mine in, so I don't know how long it would take. People last year were saying that it was a fast turn-around. We'll see, I suppose.

11. Alan Taylor macrumors 6502

Alan Taylor

I was under the impression that you could use the information on your Apple reciept to fill in the refund on the Apple website - negating the need to cut the code out of the iPod box...

Of course, returning it to another store is not a nice thing to do!