Will straps be sold separately? State your side!

Will the strap come with the watch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Will :apple: Watch straps be come with the watch? For me ever sense September it has been a no brainier that the strap would come with the watch. But I have noticed here on the forums that some people feel strongly the opposite way.

SO let's see what everyone's thinking before Apple confirms it! This poll will close Sunday before the event and votes will be public. So state your side. Let's see who's right and who's wrong ;)

EDIT: Oops there seems to be some confusion of the question. This is a poll about whether or not the strap will actually come with the watch part or if it must be bought in addition to the watch.

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Will :apple: Watch straps be sold separately? For me ever sense September it has been a no brainier that the strap would come with the watch. But I have noticed here on the forums that some people feel strongly the opposite way.

SO let's see what everyone's thinking before Apple confirms it! This poll will close Sunday before the event and votes will be public. So state your side. Let's see who's right and who's wrong ;)
That would be hilarious if they sold you the watch with no strap. You'd have a iPod nano until you could afford the band.

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Are you asking if straps will be sold separately, or if the watch will come with a strap?

We already know you can buy the straps separately, not sure if there have been any details regarding what each watch comes with.

Seannyb

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Oregon
i think of course they will. more $ for Apple.
I'm guessing you mean they will sell bands separately as accessories, correct?

The OP is basically asking if you think it will be sold as a pocket watch and then you have to buy a band for more $ if you want a band.

----------

Are you asking if straps will be sold separately, or if the watch will come with a strap?

We already know you can buy the straps separately, not sure if there have been any details regarding what each watch comes with.
I found it a little confusing as well..

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York

I'm asking about if it will come with the strap. Sorry for any confusion.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
A more important question.....

Will the NEXT apple watch be sold without a strap?

Say you buy, over the year 4 or 6 or more straps.
Perhaps you will only want the watch body next time as you already have all the straps you want.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
EDIT: Oops there seems to be some confusion of the question. This is a poll about whether or not the strap will actually come with the watch part or if it must be bought in addition to the watch. If a mod could change the wording of the poll that would be great.
I made the change to get what I think you were after. If I messed it up, please shoot me a PM as I will be off the site soon. :)

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Seeing as this is a brand new device and not really a wristwatch anyway, I'm not sure you can base any old ways of doing anything for this new device.
You're right. The Doctor will have to resort to walking around with the Apple Watch as a pocket watch because he has no money to buy a strap.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Each watch will come with a base strap included in the selling price. Buyers will have the option to buy straps separately altogether, or upgrade their strap and forgo the base strap (just as you can forgo your base HDD option, and upgrade to an SSD option).

Example:

The sport edition aluminum model will come with the colored rubber strap (you can choose your own color, possibly with some limits on clashing colors). However, you will have the option to buy a strap (milanese loop) separately for an additional cost, or upgrade the rubber to some other strap (milanese loop) for an additional cost. Again, possibly with some limitations on combos Apple does not find aesthetically pleasing.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Each watch will come with a base strap included in the selling price. Buyers will have the option to buy straps separately altogether, or upgrade their strap and forgo the base strap (just as you can forgo your base HDD option, and upgrade to an SSD option).

Example:

The sport edition aluminum model will come with the colored rubber strap (you can choose your own color, possibly with some limits on clashing colors). However, you will have the option to buy a strap (milanese loop) separately for an additional cost, or upgrade the rubber to some other strap (milanese loop) for an additional cost. Again, possibly with some limitations on combos Apple does not find aesthetically pleasing.
How much do you think Apple will subtract from the price for upgrading the base strap?

BvizioN

macrumors 601
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
I think the question should have better been asked: Will the Apple watch come with a strap? And I believe it will come with a strap, you have to choose one from the collection selected for that particular model.

dylman

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2014
Apple are not going to sell a wristwatch that cannot be attached to a wrist.

hattonna928

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2014
Both. Duh. You get a band by default with whichever watch you buy, and you can buy others separately.