Will T-Mobile Jump insurance cover my Apple.com purchased 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiegirl, Sep 26, 2014.

1. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

I have Jump on 2 of my T-Mobile lines, mainly to cover loss and theft. I didn't want to wait unit Christmas for my iPhone 6+ so I bought them from Apple.com. I called T-Mobile and they say insurance will only cover phones purchased through T-Mobile and will not cover my 6+'s. The only way I can have insurance covered is for me to return the 6+'s and purchase through T-Mobile.

I don't want to Jump and plan on keeping the 5s since I am still making payments on them through EIP.

Has anyone filed an insurance claim on phones not purchased through T-Mobile?

2. shawndc1 macrumors regular

Had a horrible experience with the company t-mobile uses for insurance, i lost my iphone 5 at the beach which was a replacement phone due to my original iphone 5 over heating, when i called i was told the imei number didnt match, i told them that it was a replacement so that may be the reason why the numbers dont match, they then tell me as long as i use my phone itll register in their system which i proved them wrong due to the fact i only have an iphone and have been using it since may so the imei didnt register obviously, long story short they wanted me to pay 250 for the 5s because they ran out of the 5 as an upgrade. i never called to upgrade so dont charge me for it.

i also called them with your same question and i was told that it had to be purchased from t-mobile, so i even cancelled my insurance with them since none of my numbers seem to register