Will T-Mobile tell me if the iPhone will work on their service?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Krishna21, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Krishna21 macrumors member

More problems..

I know generally myself that the iPhone will work with T-Mobile.

Ye I really didn't "have my hands" on a unlocked 3GS last time :eek:

But my dad doesnt' wanna buy it without confirmation.
    I've tried the best I could; YouTube Videos and MacRumors posts.

But he's making him and I go to the T-Mobile Retail Store and ask them up-front in person if a 3G Will work on Pay As You Go.

Do you think that the associate at the store will be allowed to say yes or not? :confused:
    Because isn't actually putting Pay As You Go on the iPhone illegal?

Because he's literally basing his whole decision on the store associate, and the last thing I need is him saying no because he doesn't want to get fired, when it actually will. :(

Please help guys, you guys answered my last question in a snap, and I can't wait for this one.

You guys rock, thanks!! :apple:

2. CC424 macrumors regular

I would just call ahead and get an associate that was cool enough to confirm. No need to get embarrassed in person! But to answer you question it can, has, and will work. Legally the phone will belong to you. I had an iphone on T-Mo since 2008 without any problems. I just switch 2 months because I did not want to pay an early termination fee for the Ip4.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It will work period.
    Tell him thousand of people use iphones on Tmobile and have been for over 3 years now. He dont need no confirmation from anyone especially some dumb Tmobile rep.

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I've had an iphone on the tmobile usa network since august 28th of 2007. You will NOT receive 3G service on the tmobile network with an iphone, the frequencies between the at&t network and tmobile are not compatible. You will have to live with edge speeds.

I have always used tmobile prepaid on all my iphones.