Will tesco allow internet tethering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yettimillan, Apr 29, 2010.

1. yettimillan macrumors regular

It would be very convenient if Tesco offered internet tethering for the iPhone, with their 1TB allowance this shouldn't be a problem.

Do you think that tesco will allow internet tethering?

2. pauliphone macrumors regular

doubt it, they aim at a 'personal use' market rather than 'business use' so they probably wouldn't see it as something they would get a high demand for.
    Also they piggyback off o2, who probably wouldn't be happy at the additional data going through the network.

3. penfool macrumors newbie

plus if they did offer it, i expect they would charge tons extra for it as well.

4. Greenstick macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, there what now?

5. Mr dj mo macrumors member

Obviously meant 1GB allowence not 1TB.:rolleyes:

6. yettimillan thread starter macrumors regular

No actually there allowance is 1TB. Obviously an iPhone is never going to use that amount, thats why it would be good to be able to use internet tethering.

Im not sure if this is with all phones and pay as you go but definitely for contract.

7. Mr dj mo macrumors member

I think not:

Directly taken from the tesco website where the T&C refer you to:

Unlimited calls, texts, web & data: fair use policy applies. Monthly data allowance 500Mb. Unlimited and flat rate calls and texts are to 01, 02, 03 and UK mobiles only, chargeable calls/text to these numbers are 20p per minute. Minimum contract term applies. SIM Only: rolling contract. Other network phones may be locked, click here for unlocking details. 08 max call cost 20ppm. 070 personal numbers max call cost 50ppm. Existing customers call 2708 to switch tariff. See tescomobile.com for terms and full price list click here.

8. yettimillan thread starter macrumors regular

Was that taken from the iphone section.

I remember at the time the man telling my that it was 1TB allowance and i thought he must mean 1 GB.

The low end £20/month 12-month contract
    The first is a £20/month 12-month contract. Customers will get unlimited web & wi-fi (with fair usage of 1TB/month!) and £60 worth of calls and texts. Calls cost 20p per minute and texts are 10p each so your £60 credit could be used in the following ways:

http://cow.neondragon.net/index.php...thly-tariff-available-next-week-14th-december

That was 5 months ago, I guess they must have changed their terms and conditions since then.