will tethered. iPhone 3g work with stickam/blogtv?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by charlestrippy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. charlestrippy macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

I'm curious, I was lucky enough to get netshare while in the appstore. So I'm wondering if it's possible/good quality to tether my iPhone 3g and use a site like stickam.com or blogtv.com to do live streaming shows?

If so I'll buy a new iPhone right now (I'm in the apple store now LOL)

Thanks!!

2. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

right...i don't think AT&T will notice your iPhone gobbling up a huge chunk of 3G bandwidth and data when you're camming on Stickam. good quality and possible? just read around to see what speeds people are getting on AT&T's 3G network.

in a nut shell, it's possible but not probably. slow network, slow speeds, spotty coverage, finicky iPhone, AT&T breathing down your back. take your pick.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

It should work just fine, so long as you have a good connection. Even over EDGE's 200Kbps will give you about the same quality as the guys on AOTS, whereas on 3G at 1.4Mbps you may get 24-30fps.

TEG

4. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

I'm really interested in trying this but I wish I coils talk to someone who has tried it all ready. I don't own a 3g phone cuz I'm waiting to hear about this (this will be the deal glencher)

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

no, its not only possible, it totally works. and i highly doubt AT&T is going to notice unless you start using your iPhone as your sole means of connection, and even the i'm not sure how much attention they will be paying.

i've had pretty great success with tethering myself.

6. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

Oh man, sweet! So you've tried doing a streaming show and it's worked?

7. RJ17 macrumors regular

I dont have netshare but other threads have suggested that it will drain your battery even when it is plugged in.

8. charlestrippy thread starter macrumors 6502

charlestrippy

yeah it does drain, but it seems fine when plugged in...

i've tried blogtv and stickam and sadly it doesn't seem to work well - other pages work fine (even youtube)...

i'm a little bummed cuz i bet it's cuz ATT is "throttling" the 3g on the iphone :(