Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
In my settings app, the tethering menu is there and I can turn it on and off without it asking me to set up tethering. I don't have the tethering plan though, I still have unlimited.

On my 3GS, I had the custom profile workaround that enabled tethering. I backed that up and restored my iPhone 4 from that backup and that custom profile is on my iPhone 4 now.

So do you guys think I can use tethering now with my unlimited plan or when I start using it will it switch my plan? Did anyone else do the same thing?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
In my settings app, the tethering menu is there and I can turn it on and off without it asking me to set up tethering. I don't have the tethering plan though, I still have unlimited.

On my 3GS, I had the custom profile workaround that enabled tethering. I backed that up and restored my iPhone 4 from that backup and that custom profile is on my iPhone 4 now.

So do you guys think I can use tethering now with my unlimited plan or when I start using it will it switch my plan? Did anyone else do the same thing?

if you turn it on, it will tell you that you don't have a tethering plan and direct you to ATT's website to purchase one

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
if you turn it on, it will tell you that you don't have a tethering plan and direct you to ATT's website to purchase one

Like I said, it doesn't say anything about me not having a tethering plan. It just says "Your iPhone's Internet connection is being shared over USB and Bluetooth."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.