Will the 13" MBP be redesigned this year?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by d-boy86, Jan 19, 2011.

1. d-boy86 macrumors member

I'm considering buying the MBP 13" -- but I'm afraid Apple may be releasing a new design of it this year. Is this true? Or is there only going to be a spec update?

Thanks

2. intelgrande macrumors member

Good question. I don't think anyone's asked that before. I'll be awaiting other responses because I'd like to know this as well.

3. d-boy86 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, a spec update I'm not really concerned about. I only do minor photo editing in Photoshop and browse the internet. Occasionally I use Pro Tools 8 LE for audio mixing. Them implementing a Sandybridge (sp?) chip won't really benefit me none.

4. articcine macrumors regular

People are speculating of course, if they'll do the same as they did to the MBA.
    I kind of hope they do, but I love the design of the current model though. However, if they don't, and just make it generally thinner, it won't fit an ethernet port, so I reckon they'll do the same as with the MBA.

5. d-boy86 thread starter macrumors member

So is it safe to say that'll just be a spec update with a minor design change?

6. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

nobody knows anything. you'll have to wait and see like everyone else :/

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

The only thing safe to say is that anyone who really knows isn't talking, and anyone who is talking doesn't really know.

Beyond that, wait and see. Oh, and maybe read through the many other threads discussing what people speculate may be included or not included in any MBP updates this year.

8. Hornzog macrumors member

I'm hoping for a minor design change, perhaps 'wedge shaped' or a bit thinner.

Macbook Airs are of course 'the future of macbooks'.

9. d-boy86 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. I think I'm just going to get a Macbook Air 13" since they have just been released. I really dont need that much space. My current Macbook Pro 13" display died. And I refuse to pay to get anything fix because I planned on getting a new computer soon.

10. articcine macrumors regular

11. croooow macrumors 65816

croooow

Yes.

12. SerrQ macrumors member

SerrQ

Like many people said, nobody knows. But I hope that they WON'T make it thinner, its thin enough.. If people want a thin notebook.. simple.. get the air!!
    rather just use that space to get more power.

Hope the design will stay the same or just minor changes which isn't easy to notice.