will the 2.0 update grant you 1.1.4 apps like maps and stuff?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThomasMac, Jul 4, 2008.

1. ThomasMac macrumors newbie

cause i dont have maps and stuff and the update to get them isnt offered on itunes or apple.com

2. sgtboy macrumors 6502

The fact that you currently cannot buy the apps is HIGHLY likely because it will be included in 2.0

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Including the apps in the 2.0 update would alienate everyone that have already paid money for it.

Apparently the five apps will be available immediately in the App store for a small fee, which is more than fair considering many people have already had to pay $20 for them.

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

As I said, it's pretty stupid if Apple does that considering many people have already had to pay $20 (it was $25 for me in Australia), and then some people will be getting that as well as 2.0 for only $9.95...great way to alienate customers...

6. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Yes, 2.0 will include Mail, Maps, Stocks, Weather and Notes.

It sucks for people like me, who already payed $19.95 for the JSU and now I'm paying $9.95 more. Wouldn't that be cool if they credited JSU buyers the $20 purchase? Can anyone see Apple doing this? I'd use the $20 I got back for Apps! :D

7. Mackan macrumors 65816

It's standard procedure by Apple to screw their customers. I live in a country where there is no iTunes Store at all, but they still sell iPod touch here. I bought it when it came out, but I have no access or way to get the other apps, or the new 2.0 firmware or any new applications at all....

8. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Oh man, that sucks. What country do you live in? Maybe they'll support it in the future :)