Will the 2013 rMBP 15 be cheaper?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MathiasVH, Dec 22, 2012.

1. MathiasVH macrumors regular

Hi guys.

Do you think the rMBP 15 will get cheaper next year? Maybe at the same time they'll discontinue the cMBP? "Same amazing features as last year, even more affordable"-kind-of-thing? :)

Write your thoughts. Thx.

2. AirThis macrumors 6502a

I expect to see a little drop in price, but nothing dramatic. I imagine the base 15" will go down by 100 dollars.

3. MathiasVH thread starter macrumors regular

Unfortunately, I think you could be very right. One has gotta hope though: Won't there be quite a gap in Apple's lineup (price-wise) if cMBP is discontinued and rMBP-prices are left almost unchanged? :D

4. AirThis macrumors 6502a

I think Apple will keep the cMBP line for at least 1 more generation. After all, you can still buy an iPad2 despite all this retina frenzy. I think Apple realises that there is a market for budget-oriented consumers and they certainly want a piece of that pie.

5. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

rMBP price drops to the cMBP price range in 2-3 years when the cMBP is discontinued.

6. mslide macrumors 6502a

I doubt it will drop in price at all unless Apple thinks people aren't willing to pay that much of a premium for a retina display. Probably won't see a real price drop until the cMBPs are discontinued, in which case the rMBPs would probably go down in price to match the current cMBP pricing. I doubt that will happen for at least another generation or 2. I think a lot of people are still willing to pay the premium for the fancy display.