Will the 3GS have much better reception?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by evsmotors, Jun 9, 2009.

1. evsmotors macrumors member

Everyone knows that the current iPhone 3G has terrible reception. I'm hoping the new iPhone 3GS will have much improved reception. What do you guys think?

2. LEGALROMA macrumors member

This seems to be less talked about then anything and it is by far the worst feature of my "phone". Hopefully the 3.0 will improve this issue as well.

If i read that reception is improved i will definately upgrade and everything else is a bonus.

3. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i agree this is a huge issue with the iphone however i dont think the (s) is going to have better reception. I think the reason for horrible reception is mostly due to the very construction of the bezel and the phone, i also think part of the problem is the OS updating the service indicator slowly, i have never had a phone take so long to "find" service then show me 4 bars.

4. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I'm hoping it will, but this is one of those things we won't know until it launches and someone does a side by side comparison.

I'm hoping for a lot of little hardware and software tweaks here and there that Apple wouldn't bother announcing. For example, the Bluetooth stack on iPhones has always been problematic. My custom-installed bluetooth speakerphone in my car doesn't work real well with it, for example, and my installer says this is common with iPhones since they modified the stack to remove voice dialing, etc. Now with these features back in, and perhaps a better bluetooth chip, perhaps it will work like any other phone. One can hope.

5. evsmotors thread starter macrumors member

You know we love to iphone so much that we will sacrifice and deal with the crappy service/reception we get with the iPhone and AT&T. Other AT&T phones don't have the same receptions issues as the iPhone. With my old cell phones I could take and receive calls from my home. Now I don't even bother picking up my iPhone when it rings at home, because if I do pick it up the call will get dropped anyways.

6. pablo7 macrumors 6502

I think it has to do alot with att's 3g network here at home in the so. cal. L.A. area at least where I live I get little to no reception in 3g mode but when I switch the toggle to edge I get full bars all the time....but I do also think the iphone doesn't have the best reception compared to other phones.:apple:by the way I live off the 710 fwy @ florence