Will the 6/6+ have OCD people complaining about the screen being too yellow or blue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hal~9000, Sep 14, 2014.

?

Will the 6/6+ have people complaining about the screen being too yellow or blue?

1. Yellow

17 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Blue

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. Don't know

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Go **** yourself OP

44 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. Hal~9000, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

You tend to see a ****storm of threads every year from OCD people either complaining their iPhone screen is too yellow or too blue.

"OMG my screen is to (insert color), I'm going to keep returning it 15 times over until I finally get one that appeases me."

Which one do you think it will be this year? Yellow or Blue?

2. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

It will if there are screens that are too yellow or too blue.

3. accountforit macrumors 6502a

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

There will always be people complaining about the new iPhone. I've just come to accept it as an inevitability of every new iPhone launch. I would be more worried if there was no complaining at all.

5. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

We spend hundreds of dollars on these phones. If they are not factory perfect, as in, if they don't come in as advertised: it's not "complaining" or "whining". We pay for the best so we expect the best. If by some chance the screens are a dull yellow in some models and not others: why would you act like people being upset with their purchase not being up to the level of quality they expected?

I had taken back an iPad 3 because it had a dead pixel the day after launch. It made me look "bad", because other than that it was perfect, but I paid 800 dollars so I expect pristine units. It was an easy exchange and that is that, Apple will have more than enough of these phones to toss around for replacements in a few months time.

If a larger-screened phone has visible defects, you'd be crazy to not want to exchange it for a more-accurate one.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

LED displays are just poor to begin with. Just look at LED tv displays. Almost all of them have defects. Even the most expensive ones. Poor blacks, Clouding issues, blooming, bleeding, etc. The reason manufacturers use it is because it is cheap and available. I would never own an LED TV for those very reasons.

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

It just wouldn't be release season without the screen tint debate.

8. techiebug macrumors 6502a

Once I pay almost $1000 for a phone I have every right to complain...

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Complaining I can live with.

It's the "I returned my iPhone 15 times and all the screens were yellow" that makes me sick. How many people don't get a phone because of those idiots every release?

10. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

We all see this problem in every new iPhone launch, but this time i think apple will improve this and mt heart says that may be we won't see that screen being too blue or yellow.:rolleyes:

11. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

People tend to complain more about yellow screens than blue.

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

13. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

14. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Who's to say that anybody else would be happy with those models if their screens were tinted in a bad way? Apple will have plenty of supply for replacements and nobody should be forced to live with visible faults on their device they use every day and paid good money for.

It depends on the severity, of course, but if it can be proved and made apparent on a grayscale test then they have every right to return until they get a satisfactory model.

15. Hal~9000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

LoL I love how more than half the poll voters so far chose the 4th option [​IMG]

16. Ayr macrumors 6502

17. dfran1 macrumors regular

I had a yellow iphone and it sucked a!!, yellow and blurry and distorted, nothing fixed it, I tried everything, and for those that think they did they were just dreaming.

18. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

there will always be complaining about something

19. Hal~9000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I know right? The constant returns to try and get a picture perfect (in their mind) phone when it really just comes down to preferences. Not to mention the fact that if everyone did that then Apple would have to put their foot down and limit the ability of consumers to return, hurting us all in the process.

You think there won't be any screen tint issues at all? Really?

I wonder why that is, any idea?

Wise guy eh? :p

You mean when people complain about it? or when you get a warm/cool tinted screen?

Amen brotha'... Amen.

20. iOz macrumors regular

Yep. Even people complaining about the complainers.

21. Hal~9000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Oh no, that's a perfectly fine thing to complain about ;)

22. Romf macrumors regular

Romf

I personally am waiting for these 2 threads:
    OMG iPhone6 battery life SUCKS!
    and
    iPhone6 reception is the worst ever :(

23. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

My 6+ looks too blue. Based on another forum member's measurements it's about 7500K. Sigh... such a beautiful display otherwise.

24. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Well to be fair the 6's screen isn't totally uniform! With a light background I can easily see a gradient from the bottom to the top where it gets more yellow. I just don't care because all iPhones do this :)

25. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

I can't decide between my screen is too small (4.7) or too big (5.5). What do I do????