Will the A9 processor eliminate stuttering issues on the 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Sep 18, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

I am hoping the A9 processor does a much better job than the A8 at re-scaling and displaying content on the 1080p screen and that there will be no stutters and lags that many 6 Plus owners have complained about on these forums.

2. guychicago macrumors 6502

guychicago

90% increase in GPU horse power should definitely help with this. The other thing needed is for Apple to work out any software lags in ios9 in a future patch release. I'm eagerly waiting for my 6s to arrive!

3. psylence2k macrumors 6502

4. noobinator macrumors 601

I'm counting on it otherwise it will be going back. But I think the 6s Plus should have much less issues than the 6 Plus due to the RAM and new A9.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

Maybe for a major iOS update or two. I'm sure Apple will find a way to slow down even the 6s+ eventually.

6. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

It didn't seem to lag on the hands-on videos I've watched :) None of them tried rotating in Spotlight though ;)

7. noobinator macrumors 601

Never mind spotlight, I had trouble rotating in general. It would get stuck, lag, rotate randomly etc...

8. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

I didn't, but I had other lag issues. I noticed lag from the moment I unboxed it which surprised me

9. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I predict a 99% lag free experience [on the 6S+] with the updates to iOS and the hardware improvements :)

10. HEK, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Those with lag, stutter issues you may try this as it reduces processor load and you give up nothing much in my opinion. Purists and android trolls please refrain from commenting about, not having to turn $h*t off.

Go to settings > general > accessibility > reduce motion > turn this on.
    Also settings > general > accessibility > increase contrast > reduce transparency > turn this on.

The novelty of these wore off for me 1st week. I rather have next screen pop up and I have found an increase in speed and don't notice any stutter. Not much to loose giving it a try. I'm sure the A9 chip will eliminate any stutter, but I still intend on keeping these settings turned on, as I have become to like the minimalistic look. And why waste processor on something I don't want.