Will the actual Macbook pro design change?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by npx-photo, Jul 6, 2010.

1. npx-photo macrumors newbie

First of all: I like the Unibody, but I do not like the black keyboard (out of my personal view: the older silver keyboard has had a great look).

Actually I have to decide, whether I buy a 15" Macbook pro now (with the actual design) or later. I took a look at the Mac Buyers Guide here at MacRumors: a new Generation of MacBook Pro's is MAYBE available in 3-4 months (speculation based on the past generation change).

So, what do you think: will the next generation will have a new design or will there "only" be a change of the internal hardware?

I know, that all answers are only speculations, but it would be interesting, what you think to make the right decision (as we are talking about more than 2000 Euro as price of the 15" i7 with the anti-glare screen, etc.).

Best regards
    Norbert
    http://www.npx-photo.com

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Very unlikely, as the Aluminium design stayed with us for five and a half years, and the current design is hardly two years old.

Using MRoogle will find you lots of threads discussing the possible arrival of some design change.

3. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

refresh likely in jan 11.
    it is very unlikely that there will be any upgrade that isn't hardware in the next update. the unibody only came out late 08.

4. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

get thinner....probably.....change....probably not

5. MikeinJapan macrumors regular

The older design was with us all the way from the PowerBooks. The unibody design is here to stay for the time being.

6. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I don't really see a new MacBook Pro design for a while, the Santa Rosa old Alu Design was almost the same since the Titanium PowerBooks that are many many years old.
    They might make some minor changes, but i don't see it, The "design generation" of the MacBook Pro in terms of trends, is almost as new as the new Mac Mini and iMac, it might be the first to change to a new cycle, but it won't be anytime soon, especially because the Mac Pro needs a bigger refresh

7. Dyango macrumors member

I don't see it coming soon. The "unibody" term is still a great marketing tool, and they just "unibodized" the Mini, the Mac Pro "Unibody" -if that is possible- is yet to come, so I don't see them abandon the boat on the laptops. And I think MBP's are thin as they can be, so I doubt they'll even get slightly smaller.

So, to sum up, I say the new design won't come neither on 2010 nor 2011 -aaah, okay, maybe "late" '11-.